Maharashtra e-Scholarship Registration & Application Form 2017-2018
In the midst of inflation today, everyone is now starting to save every penny they can so they are able to survive and stay afloat. With that being said, one of the biggest expenses many people face would be education, which can be a heavy burden in one's wallet.
Education is an absolute must to make it in life, helping you improve skills in the forte you grow passionate about, as well as helping you climb the ladder to success. But, parents and students will have to focus on a lot of the expenses along the way, and not just the hefty tuition fees! There are books, school supplies, project works, allowances, and other extra expenses that the student may need to live and study well.
Fortunately, there are ways on how students will be able to save up on tuition or even have the chance to study for free. There are now scholarships issued by the local government or NGO's, all provided from raised funds and distributed to students based on their qualifications, whether it's in talent, grades, or other categories.
Thanks to the Department of Social Justice and Special Assistance, the Government of Maharashtra has created a Mahaeschol e-Scholarship for all students that are from SC/VJNT/ST/SBC/OPEN/OBC categories for the current school year, 2017-2018.
There are three types of scholarships in the program, which are offered to students who aren't as financially strong as other families and unable to continue their studies due to the lack of budget in the household. To avail of the scholarship, one must study and submit all the requirements needed before the deadline. If you're wondering about how to avail of the scholarship, then read on as I show you all the information you need on it.
What is The Mahaeschol Maharashtra e-Scholarship?
This is a scholarship given every year to economically weak students in the Maharashtra state. It is an e-scholarship because all the student needs to do is to visit the official website, submit the requirements, and once deemed eligible, the funds to be given will be sent to the student's bank accounts.
Who is Eligible for the Scholarship?
There are five main criteria that would deem the student eligible for the scholarship:
There are other eligibility criteria and scholarships to choose, based on the level the student is studying in:
Pre-Matric: The student should be studying in 9th or 10th standard
Post-Matric: The student should pass the Secondary School Certificate exam from the Maharashtra Board
Rajarshee Shahu Maharaj Scholarship: The student should be studying in either the 11th or 12th standard
Savitri Bai Phule Scholarship: The student must be in either class five to ten
Military School Scholarship: The student must be from class 5th to 10th
Unclean Occupation or K.K.P. Scholarship: The student should be from 1st to 10th standard
Documents Needed For The Maharashtra Mahaeschol Scholarship
Besides passing all the criteria that makes you eligible to avail the scholarship, there are a few documents required to sea and submit to verify one's eligibility.
1. Birth Certificate
2. College and School Certificates
3. Caste Certificate
4. Income Certificate under Form 16
5. Residence Certificate (Nivaas Praman Patra)
6. Affidavit, according to what was mentioned in the Government Order
Take note that al students who are applying for the Mahaeschol Scholarship this school year 2017-2018 need to link their bank account with the Aadhar or UID number.
How to Apply for the Mahaeschol e-Scholarship
Now that you know you're eligible and have all the scanned documents ready, it's time to apply. Here are the steps to follow if you are wondering on how to do so:
1. Open the official Maherashtra Scholarship Portal and either register (click NEW USER) or login with the credentials you used. For those who have forgotten their login credentials, regain them by clicking FORGOT PASSWORD and following the steps. If you have logged in successfully, skip to step four. If not, proceed to the next step to create a new account.
2. For those who are new users, choose whether you are a Pre-matric or Post-matric student. In this page, you will lasso need to provide all your details the scholarship asked you to ready, such as the caste category, place of residency, and other personal information.
3. When you have now provided all the details required correctly, enter your valid mobile number, which will send you a One Time Password you need to input on the website once you receive their message on your mobile phone. The website will then give you your login credentials to use in the future.
4. Once you have logged into the portal for the first time, enter more details required for the scholarship, such as the scholarship scheme, bank and education details, a photo, as well as user account management. Then submit the online application once everything is completed.
5. When you have submitted the application, wait until authorities will verify and approve your application. It may take a few days to find out if you are eligible or not.
You can track the status of your application by logging in with your credentials and clicking Student Application Status, then entering your application number and scheme, or your username and school year.
6. Once you are approved, they will be sending the approved funds to your bank, which may take another few days. Monitor your bank account to see if it has been successfully sent. And you are done and are now able to use the funds from the scholarship for your tuition fees.
So if you are eligible for this scholarship and have all the documents necessary, go ahead and apply for it now to continue your higher studies without any worry of the budget.